On the main page at the very bottom, the Website has an area where personal data is collected – the following disclaimer is being proposed to be placed underneath and which is visible for all visitors.
- We would like to thank you for visiting our website and showing interest in our services; https://www.seasaltmalta.com (the “Website”);
- Data collection and usage – The Personal information which may be collected from our end, consists of any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person which is the data subject; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Your information is collected on our site in line with the GDPR. This allows us to use and share your personal data when we have a proper reason to do so. The reasons in this case are: Consent – e.g. storing your payment card details, Legitimate Interest – E.g. Website Personalisation, Legal Obligation – E.g When your information has to be shared with the relevant law enforcement institutions.
We collect and use your information for a variety of reasons. We need some information to enter into and perform our contract, other information is required due to our anti-fraud screening obligations or in the public interest, other information is required because we have legitimate business interests:
- to understand how our customers use our products services and webistes;
- to keep internal records;
- to understand and respond to customer feedback; to research and analyse the services our customers wants;
- to improve our services;
- to understand the type of products and services our customers buy and how they use them;
- to personalise our offers so we’re better able to provide offers and ideas that are relevant to you;
- to maintain a public profile on both traditional and social media;
- to provide security over our business and who we trade with;
Your personal information may be shared with third parties necessary for our business including third party delivery courier services.
- Information to be Provided on Site – When you make use of our services through our Website or by ordering off our website, we may ask you to provide some Personal information. Such information may contain the following; First Name, Last Name, E-mail Address, Telephone or Mobile Number, Address or Current Location and your Payment Method Details.
- Disclosure of Information – In specific circumstances, your personal information may be processed or disclosed mainly but, not limited to the following reason; where we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request. We will not delete personal information if relevant to an investigation or a dispute. It will continue to be stored until those issues are fully resolved.
- Retention of Information – The information you provide on-site will be retained in line with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) which can be accessed through the following link. We will not retain your data for a longer time period than reasonably necessary;
- Your Rights – Under the relevant laws, you have the right to the following; – Right to be informed; Right to request a copy of the personal information which we hold about you; Right to request correction or deletion of Personal Information; Right to withdraw your Consent for Processing and Transfer of Personal Information; Right to data protability; Right to object to the Usage of your Personal Data for Marketing Purposes. You may contact us to exercise any of these rights on +356 2760 3343
- CCTV – When you visit our restaurant, please note that we utilise Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV) solely for security purposes. We will however, comply with any legal or regulatory requests for such footage in accordance with the relevant laws. Furthemore such a system will be used in a professional, legal and ethical manner.
- Cookies on-site – By visiting this website, you are allowing cookies to be created. These may collect information such as your preferences, the usage information on site and unique identifiers. These may also remain on your device after leaving the Website. Such cookies will only be returned to the domain from where the cookie originated, i.e. www.seasaltmalta.com. Cookies are also used on-site in order to keep track of your shopping cart when ordering on our site.
- Security – All measures will be taken in order to ensure that the personal information which you provide to us will remain confidential and secure, in accordance with our internal procedures. Any messages sent to us through our website, or via e-mail using any internet connection may not be secure. Any personal information which you may send over to us is done at your own risk, with the knowledge that a third party may gain access to such information. We are not responsible for the security of such information and in such cases, we, as a company, cannot be held liable for any damages. When we receive your information, we will make use of our security features in order to ensure that no unauthorised access occurs.
- Contact Information – Should you require further information about this Policy or our data protection practices, please contact us at: +356 2760 3343, SEA SALT, 43 Rudolph Street Sliema, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complaints regarding the processing of information – Should you have any complaints or concerns with regards to the method by which your personal information is being processed or used, you can raise a complaint with the body regulating data protection. In Malta, this body is the Information and Data Protection Commissioner. You can visit the body’s website through this www.seasaltmalta.com.
Cover for Food Allergies
Allergen Information – We are aware that several of our esteemed customers may have different degrees of food intolerances and allergies. In such cases, we kindly ask anyone who is looking to dine at our restaurant, or order food through other channels, such as our website or third-party delivery courier services to inform us before placing any order about any special dietary needs and requirements. From our end, we will do our best, where possible, to accomodate your needs and requirements in order to make your experience an enjoyable one.
We will do our utmost to accomodate such needs and requirements, however we cannot guarantee that in such situations, that cross contamination does not take place. This is due to the fact that all food is cooked in the same kitchen and hence, such risks always do exist. We deny any responsibility for cross-contamination since although we do our utmost, we cannot give 100% guarantee. The risk of cross-contamination cannot be eliminated completely.
If you have any questions about this information please speak to us.